TILT Institute for the Contemporary Image is currently accepting applications for Contemporary X, an annual open call for artists to present a new body of work in our main gallery. The program provides a platform for creative practitioners committed to advancing different discourses within contemporary art that expand image-based practices in unique ways.
Two artists will receive a $5000 honorarium and concurrent solo exhibitions on view between April 13 – June 24, 2023. The following mediums are accepted: photography, digital imaging, film/video, and lens-based installation. Artists of all ages, backgrounds, and educational training and professional experience are encouraged to apply.
Applications are accepted from Tuesday, October 11, 2022 through Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 11:59pm. Selected artists will be notified by Friday, December 16, 2022.
For full consideration, please submit the items listed below:
- What do you want to exhibit and how is it relevant today?
- How does your work expand the field and offer a new perspective?
- What do you hope the viewer gains from engaging with your work?
- Provide context for your practice and where your work is currently situated
- Clearly outline your process and personal interest in image-making
- Share how you envision your practice evolving
- List of educational background, exhibitions, presentations, publications, residencies, and other awards
- Up to 10 images: (maximum file size - 300 dpi)
For applicants who aren't able to pay the application fee, please send your request for a waiver to James Britt, Curator of Exhibitions & Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.